Digital Privacy & Cookies Disclosure
This document explains the terms and conditions for using the MyCU66 Online Banking Service and provides certain disclosures and information to you concerning the service. Each of your accounts at IBEW Local 66 Federal Credit Union is also governed by the applicable account disclosure(s), Membership and Account Agreement(s) and the Truth-In-Savings disclosure you received when you opened your account and as amended from time to time.
How to Access Your Accounts
To access your accounts through MyCU66, you must have your Member Number and an Online Banking password; this information is requested when you enter the MyCU66 Online Banking Portal. The password which is used to gain access to your information should be kept confidential, just as you would keep other PIN’s (Personal Identification Numbers) and security codes confidential. For your protection, we recommend that you change your online banking access password regularly. It is also recommended that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account number(s) and other account data confidential. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money between your accounts without your permission, please notify IBEW Local 66 Federal Credit Union as soon as possible by calling (713) 946-6513.
You are not allowed to use E-mail to initiate transactions, change information or inquire on your account(s). We will not respond to these types of requests via E-mail since we cannot verify your identity nor confirm we are corresponding directly with you. Please use the appropriate functions within MyCU66, call (713) 946-6513 or visit the Credit Union to perform these transactions.
To get an initial password for the MyCU66 Online Banking Portal, please visit the Credit Union Office or call us at (713) 946-6513.
There are currently no fees associated with accessing your account(s) through MyCU66. We do however, reserve the right impose a fee, if necessary, after providing a thirty (30) day notice to all users at the MyCU66 home page, by paper notification through the United States Postal Service or via the e-mail address we have on file for you, provided you have agreed to receive electronic communications.
Your Internet service provider (ISP) may charge a fee to access the Internet via its server; we have no control over ISP related fees.
Available Services and Limitations
The following functions may be performed by members through the MyCu66 Online Banking Portal:
- Transfers You may transfer funds between your Deposit and/or Loan Accounts as your account agreement(s) may allow. Transfers done through the service are generally reflected in “real time” and should affect your balance immediately, however, in certain circumstances, these transfers may be delayed.
- Account Balances You may view your share and loan account balances.
- Transaction History You may view the transaction history for any loan or share account. It is however, possible that some transactions may not be included in the history at the time you view it even though they may have been processed by the credit union; the Credit Union Core Computer System is always the official record of account history.
- Password Changes If you are a MyCU66 Online Banking User, you may change your password at any time from within the Profile Section in the MyCU66 Banking Portal. For your protection we recommend that you change your home banking password regularly.
- Check Orders You may reorder checks and/or view and order new check styles available through the credit union. We will not process check order requests if you do not have a checking account at the credit union.
- Check Search You may search and view checks which have cleared your account. You may also list clearings by date cleared or by check number. The oldest check available will vary but dates will go back, at a minimum, to your last regular statement date.
- Additional Services From time to time, we may announce additional services which are available through MyCU66. Your use of these services will constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions presented at the time they are announced.
- Operating Systems and Security MyCU66 Online Banking is designed to operate using world wide web (www) technologies and protocols which are adaptable to a wide range of systems. MyCU66 uses an Enhanced SSL encryption and requires a browser with a current (unexpired) Thawte Root CA Security Certificate. Some older browsers may not be able to connect to the site without first updating the browser security certificate. Our server uses 40 to 128 bit encryption, depending on the users’ browser.
The cookie we set will 'time out' your access authority to our home banking section. Until it times out, you can come back to our home banking without logging in. After the time out period, you will need to log in again. Remember, most browsers will let you use a BACK button to view previously visited documents, even if your viewing authority has expired. For this reason, the only way to keep others from viewing your account balance is to exit the browser when you are finished with your session. This is especially important if you are using a public or shared computer.
All transactions generated by you through MyCU66 will appear on your monthly or quarterly statement.
The MyCU66 Online Banking Portal is a private system operated for the exclusive use of our members. We use an Enhanced SSL encryption and digital server authentication to ensure the privacy of your information when sending data between the MyCU66 Online Banking Portal and your PC.
All MyCu66 logins are logged by the server. For authenticated members who use MyCu66, we collect and store certain information such as how often you visit the Online Banking Portal, dates and times of visits and which pages are being used. We use this information for internal review and product evaluation only. We never sell, transfer or trade this information unless we are compelled to do so by law.
We may gather and store additional information available to us on failed login attempts and other activity we consider a threat to our system. In these cases, we will share this information with other companies, agencies and law enforcement officials as we see fit.
Date of most recent update: September 24th, 2015
Digital Privacy & Cookies Policy
This IBEW Local 66 Federal Credit Union (MyCU66) Digital Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”) applies to your interaction with IBEW Local 66 Federal Credit Union (collectively, “IBEW Local 66 Federal Credit Union,”, MyCU66”, “Credit Union”, “we,” “us,” “our”), at any online or mobile site or application that we own and control (“Site”), unless a different online and/or mobile policy is posted at a particular site, or is made available to you and by its terms supplants this Policy. Other privacy policies may also apply in addition to the terms of this Policy. You may also receive an additional privacy notice in connection with your accounts at the Credit Union. Information on these accounts is not shared for marketing purposes without specific consent. This Policy also explains certain data use and data protection functionalities and practices of our online ads, such as banner ads, on third party sites.
Agreement to Policy
By using this Site, you consent to this Policy, including your consent to our use and disclosure of information about you in the manner described in this Policy.
Gathering, Using, and Sharing Information
- Types of Information You may interact with us in a variety of ways online, including through a mobile device. We may offer sites or applications that permit browsing and do not require registration. We may also offer the ability to enroll, register or access your accounts online. Information that we may collect about you through online interaction includes information that you input, such as your name, address, email address, other contact information; data resulting from your activity, such as transaction information; and location information. We may also gather additional information, such as the type of device and browser you are using, the IP address of your device, information about your device’s operating system, and additional information associated with your device. We may also gather information collected through cookies, tags, and other technologies, as described further below.
- Do You Have to Accept Cookies? You may be able to set your browser to reject browser cookies. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you cannot access your accounts online with Mycu66. Therefore, if you set your browser options to disallow cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site. The latest versions of internet browsers provide cookie management tools, such as the ability to delete or reject cookies. We recommend that you refer to information supplied by browser providers for more specific information, including how to use these tools.
- Additional Cookies Cookies is a term also used to describe other locally stored objects, such as cookies stored in an Adobe folder on your device. These cookies will not be deleted when you clear cookies from your browser. We may use this technology for purposes such as information security and fraud prevention. We do not use this technology for online behavioral advertising purposes. Please refer to information provided by Adobe for information on how to disable and control Flash objects. If you choose those options, you may limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site.
- Using Information In addition to the uses described above, we use information for purposes as allowed by law such as: servicing; communicating with you; improving our Site, products, or services; legal compliance; risk control; information security; anti-fraud purposes; marketing; tracking website usage, such as number of hits, pages visited, and the length of user sessions in order to evaluate the usefulness of our site; and using read-receipt notifications in our email communications.
From our web pages, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents.
For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC
Policy Updates and Effective Date
If we make updates to this Policy, we will update the Policy with the changes and revise the “date of most recent update” posted at the top of this Policy. Any updates to the Policy become effective when we post the updates on the Site. Your use of the Site following the update to the Policy means that you accept the updated Policy.
We reserve the right to limit access or cancel on-line access at any time.